Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No Plans...Where am I Being Led?

Well to start it off I'm not even sure what all I have to say on here today...

Tragedies

These past couple of days my heart has been so heavy just thinking about all of the damages of these tornadoes. Between the Alabama, Tennessee, Missouri, and now the Oklahoma tornadoes it has taken a toll on many people. So many have lost families, friends, homes, churches, and even work places.

It amazes me to see that the only thing standing in this church and area is the cross. It truly shows that He is still for us(His children)even in the midst of suffering.

I am so thankful, but at the same time I almost feel guilty just looking at what all I have and have been wanting. As I was driving to work this morning all I could think about were those things. It makes me want to down size in the things that I do have. I do not need all of these material things. It has left me in a place where all I can do is be thankful for each person and thing that I still have in my life.

I have been looking into ways that I can help in any way. We all know we can pray, but if all everyone does is only pray then how does something get accomplished. I guess we need to pray and ask God specifically,"How can I help? Reveal to me what I need to do." I know there are many churches and towns that are trying to gather things up around the community such as, toilet paper, food, water, and etc. I do know that Life Church of Stillwater is accepting items until Friday morning and will take a group(whoever wants to join) to Joplin, Missouri. I would love to go, but due to work I am not able to right now.

How will you make a difference?Big Decisions

Right now I'm in the process of relying on God to show me which way to go. I don't know what, why, or where I will be led, but I have been so burdened lately. I want whatever will assist me in making me closer to Him. Until I feel at peace in knowing where He wants me, I will continue to believe that He will show me the way.

On a side note.. Did you know that about 1,500 people are still missing from the Joplin tornado??


Isaiah 42:16,"But I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way, who can't see where they're going. I'll be a personal guide to them, directing them through unknown country. I'll be right there to show them what roads to take, make sure they don't fall into the ditch. These are the things I'll be doing for them-sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute."

No comments:

Post a Comment