Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New Beginnings... New Home

Have you heard of the people that exagerate and make it seem like their life is more of a bliss than it truly is?


Well this past school year or so I have became guilty of that. I wanted people to see that I was happy and for them to not worry about me. The past couple of months God has been dealing with my heart in several different areas. I have found myself in the middle of things, trying to find a way out in order to let things go without people getting upset. Finally, it came to my attention that sometimes in order to do right you are going to have people upset with you. I CANNOT please everyone.Wow! Was that hard for me to say...


I can now say that I am happy that my freshman year of college is in the past!


Okay, back to where I was going with New Beginnings... Every since this spring I have been feeling the need to get away. I had no clue or explanation why I was feeling the way I did, but all I could do was give those feelings to God.


This summer I was told to read through the book of John and as I kept reading I felt that my faith in Him kept rising and I knew that there was a reason why I was told to do so. I began to notice all of the miracles that were being performed and by the end I knew that God was going to do something great in or for me sometime soon!


In June, I felt that it would be best if I move back home. When I was asked why all I could say was,"I don't know how long I will live there, maybe only a semester or even a year. I began to look into going to different schools around here, in Oklahoma, but for some reason I felt like God was saying,"Hold steady." I wasn't too interested into looking far into schools and for some reason I was feeling the need to just quit looking until after vacation, which was in July.


Come July we were heading to vacation at a beach near Mobile, Alabama. We knew a family that just recently moved to plant a church in West Mobile and decided to attend while we were there. After the sermon we were talking to John Breland(pastor) and he asked if I had ever heard of the University of Mobile. It tugged at my heart a little bit, but I didn't think much of it until later that afternoon when my parents asked me if I would like to go tour the college. Next thing I knew I was enrolling in the University and moving 12-13 hours away in two weeks!


                                                                  My New Home

I have never felt such at home as I do right now. There is such a peace in my heart that I cannot explain! If I can tell you what I learned from this past summer is to allow God to take over and to have faith and patience in Him because He can and will do something amazing for you!




"But I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way, who can't see where they're going. I'll be a personal guide to them, directing them through unknown country. I'll be right there show them what roads to take, make sure they don't fall into the ditch. These are the things I'll be doing for them sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute."
                                                                  Isaiah 42:16 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment